- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Dayton
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
- LEED Green Associate
- Certified Recycling Professional by the Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania (PROP)
- Recycling coordinator for the Snyder County Solid Waste Management Authority in Pennsylvania
Tom Gibson offers consulting services with a unique twist that allows them to parallel the mission of Progressive Engineer Magazine. He brings a mechanical engineering perspective to areas of sustainability, including green building, solid waste, and recycling. Call it ecoeffective engineering.
The landscape of technology, legislation, and economics in sustainability is complex and constantly changing. An ecoeffective engineer can delineate all the options available to you and break down the cost, payback, and return on investment (ROI) for each one.
Recycling and Solid Waste
Why recycling? Besides the sustainability benefits, it just makes sense that an engineer who spent most of his career figuring out how to build things would now focus on how to deconstruct them. Services offered:
- Analyze all facets of your operation to reduce waste, striving for zero waste
- Design manufactured products for optimum recyclability
- Research the recyclability of materials and the marketing of recycled materials
- Conduct life cycle analysis on products and materials
- Procure sustainable building materials for architects and their clients and building owners
- Design, develop, and find uses for salvaged, recycled, and locally procured materials
I have expertise in machine design, stress analysis, manufacturing processes, and hydraulics and pneumatics. Services offered:
- Develop new designs or assist in fleshing out your ideas
- Fabricate and test prototypes
- Assist in transitioning a new product to production
- 3D CAD modeling and drafting
- Conduct patent searches and work with patent attorneys in determining patentability and pursuing patents
Writing and Researching
- Research and write reports and white papers
- Write articles and place them in trade magazines. These can take the form of a case history on a successful project or a treatise on some area of your expertise.
For more information or to discuss your needs, contact Tom Gibson at 570-713-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.