Progressive Engineer Magazine has posted the following new job opening in its Engineer’s Job Market. For more information and listings, visit www.ProgressiveEngineer.com.
Field Electrical Engineer
Graham Engineering Corporation (GEC), a leader in the blow molding industry, has an immediate opening for an experienced, hands-on Field Electrical Engineer at our York, PA location. This position plays a key role in the development of opportunities in retrofits and upgraded controls and the related design, installation, service, and company-wide coordination of building the upgraded controls and retrofit business. This is an excellent growth opportunity for the individual interested in a broad range of responsibilities, including developing business opportunities, backed by a successful and reputable corporation. GEC offers exciting career opportunities to individuals with strong values and a desire to achieve and excel to their fullest potential. We believe an organization is only as strong as the people it employs.
- Keep abreast of overall market trends and identify market segments for which controls upgrades present cost effective sales and service opportunities.
- Analyze competitive technologies and ways in which GEC can produce higher quality and more cost effective retrofits to existing equipment.
- Provide engineering design services and assist in creating conceptual designs and help prepare specifications for new development projects.
- Visit customer sites and evaluate machinery for retrofits and upgrades.
- Write and prepare viable proposals, specifications, estimates and quotes for rebuilds, retrofits and upgrades, including scope and scheduling.
- Create schematics, detail drawings, assemblies, sub-assemblies, BOM’s and layouts, using CAD, and perform required analysis to ensure the satisfaction of all project specifications and needed for the procurement, manufacture and assembly of components.
- Visit customer sites to install retrofits and upgrades. Read, interpret and make changes to control system software installed in customer equipment.
- Provide outside technical support of machinery as needed, including service calls, trouble shooting for retrofit installations.
- Program logical machine functions using an IEC61131 program language and design HMI interface using a combination of visual Basic and canned HMI tools.
- Schedule design reviews with Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering to review progress of design activities and to solicit input and suggestions.
- Assist the assigned Project manager to ensure that all Engineering Documentation for components are released in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the Project Schedule and budget.
- Work with the Sales Department in determining the viability of proposed retrofits to existing equipments.
- Work with Purchasing to develop vendor specifications for out-sourced materials.
- Provide technical support to all departments during procurement, assembly, testing and final acceptance of equipment.
- Assist Technical Documentation Department in the preparation of all drawings, specifications and specific operating procedures required in properly supporting product in the field.
- Work with vendors, consultants and outside resources, as needed.
Job Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years machine design experience.
- Proficient use of related computer software, including MS Office and 2D CAD experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard machine programming languages including ladder, structured text, function block and some HMI design exposure.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of Mechanical and Electrical/control Engineering
- Available to travel 25 – 50% of time.
- Available for customer site evaluations and installations during off hours.
- Physical and medical standards for this position must be met by passing a physical examination by a Company approved physician.
GEC offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. We offer medical, dental, disability and life/accident insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, pension plan, educational assistance, paid holidays and vacation time. For immediate consideration forward your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.